Full Stack Web Developer. Full time role. Salary: DOE
Cole AD are a full service agency from Glasgow, founded in 1986 – we have evolved over the years from being a primarily advertising based agency to now designing/developing brands, signage, video and websites, as well as unique offerings like book illustrations and animations.
In March 2021 we celebrate 35 years in business – the key to our success is looking after our team and supporting them to achieve great things!
We feel this is a great opportunity for the right person to work in a busy studio environment in the centre of Glasgow with lots of clients nationwide and across every sector.
Please note: Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are all successfully working remotely – therefore interviews will be held remotely and remote working is a must for the time being.
Due to growth within the development side, we’re looking to add another developer to the team. The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with our team of designers to take a visual (usually produced with Adobe XD) and turn it into a working product.
Although this is not an apprentice or beginner level role, we are happy to consider those with less formal experience, provided they demonstrate the knowledge and technical skill we’re looking for.
• Knowledge of a back-end language (we use PHP)
• Great HTML5 and CSS3 skills
• Experience using WordPress is advantageous
• Familiarity with databases (MySQL/MariaDB)
• Experience using front end frameworks to create responsive layouts (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, Semantic).
Extra Points For:
• Experience with WooCommerce
• WordPress theme development
• SASS/SCSS, LESS, CSS Pre-processors
• Understanding of Accessibility practices
• Knowledge of SEO best practices
• Use of version control (e.g. Git/BitBucket)
• Comfortable with command line
• Any CMS/CRM experience other than WordPress
• Education in a related field is nice, but not an essential.
As An Individual:
• Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Be confident to ask questions and give opinions
• Have a passion for your role and always be looking to improve
• Team player with a positive attitude, ready to solve problems
• Be able to take (and give!) advice to help us achieve great work together
• Have good taste in movies, music & tv shows… just joking, we don’t!
Cole AD Benefits:
• Opportunity to develop skills through training and work based initiatives
• Creative studio space alongside designers and developers in a modern city centre building (when not working remotely of course!)
• Good holidays, desirable hours and work pension scheme
• Fun workplace with great music (questionable at times!) and a friendly atmosphere that encourages career development.
Please email your interest with CV to: email@example.com
Closing date to apply: 5pm Friday 26th February 2021.
No agencies please – many thanks!