Posted: 13th August 2018
Several times a year we host a day at our agency in Glasgow to help educate fellow team members. We call this ‘Share” and it helps our people learn about their colleague’s abilities. This event focussed, mainly, on websites; it’s informative, creates debate and most importantly, it’s fun!
This time we covered the following topics:
- Our Studio Manager, Julie, delivered a great talk on the rise of Instagram and how we can use this to help clients.
- Daniel Sheridan, Designer, gave a demo on animation as we create more client websites with animation.
- Accessibility is vital when it comes to design and our Creative Director, Garry, is very passionate about this subject. In the last 12 months, Cole AD has designed with accessible websites for The ALLIANCE and SUSE. We work with focus groups to build websites that deliver on all levels.
Garry shared ideas on this after hearing a talk by Michael Crabb from the University of Dundee at the UX Scotland conference.
- Josh McGregor, Web Developer, loves gaming and showed us the new possibilities and power of the online gaming community.
- Finally, our Managing Director, Stephen Cole, talked through Pixar’s Brain Trust philosophy and the approach of ‘Black Box Thinking’ by the author, Matthew Syed.
The Cole AD team are looking forward to snacks, coffee and laughs at the next design agency Share Day!